Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tragic Ending Theme

Here's a small piece I just made for the Tragic Ending Challenge.
It is Ariel, the Little Mermaid, turning to foam.
I always thought it was such a sad story (Hans Christian A, not Disney version)
so naturally
it was the first thing that came to mind for this challenge.
Here is the first step
I sculpted and painted the face
Then onto sculpting the "water" and "foam"
Last is painting and giving wet effect to waves and foam
I hope you can see the bubbles
and the tears in her eyes.
I have one more really simple piece I'm working on for this week
so I will be back to post this weekend.
Rosanna

3 comments:

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Oh Rosanna, you have such magic in you!
hugs
Gail

Rosanna Pereyra said...

Thanks Gail!!
Big Hugs,
Rosanna

Lotus said...

Rosanna,
This is an amazing piece! I love your interpretation of the story.
Lotus