Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Alice in Wonderland at Last! (95% complete)

I am honored to present my Alice in Wonderland
Like I always say, I apologize for the quality, I am a poor photographer but I try
(picture 2 and 5 enlarge, the rest don't want to cooperate)



I usually don't take or show pictures of my commission work because some of my collectors prefer their pieces to be private.
Except for this one, YAY!. A close friend asked that I not post it until today so it can remain a surprise. Here's a quick lookie-loo at my Alice. She is 95% complete, just needs her hair done and a hat of her own(she borrowed this one from another sculpted girl). That will be finished and handed over tonight. Alice is almost 10 inches tall and a full sculpt except for the elbows and shoulders so that she can gently pose her arms. I was told she will be holding a little pig in a blanket so I sculpted the hands in a pose that will allow for that.

I had a great time putting together all of the bits and pieces to make her special. I love, love details! I could have easily gotten carried away with this one, where talkin' furniture, pottery, scenery, the works! Luckily the request was for just the doll.

Anyway, back to work!! I have a gift to make for a friend and then some show pieces to start on.

Bye for now,
Rosanna

18 comments:

Sue said...

She IS FABULOUS!!! Love her face, love her costume!!! Some one is going to be thrilled with Alice!

Sue:)

niknik said...

Ах, какая красотка!

Rosanna Pereyra said...

Thank you Sue!! And Niknik I thank you as well!!

Melissa Pagluica said...

Details are the best part! It's the extra level of specialness done with love by the artist -Cheers!-

The Pixie Knoll said...

Absolutely beautiful. Without a doubt the new owner is going to treasure this piece for a very, very long time. Fabulous job on her.

Hugs,
Lori

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Rosanna....Alice is brilliant!! Her new mommy is going to be just thrilled:) Can we see finished photos too? I can't imagin her be more beautiful:)

Kiss Kiss
Jacqui

Jain Squires said...

What a fabulous Alice, amazing detail. Jain x

Anna Fantinel said...

Wonderful doll!!

Jdee said...

I adore her! She completely speaks to me. Everything is perfect! Congratulations on a beautiful doll!
xoxo

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Oh girl your talent always leaves me breathless and blown away. Alice is magnificent!

hugs
Gail

Lisa Gatz said...

GORGEOUS! Your client will be elated with her!

Rosanna Pereyra said...

I want to say thanks to all of you for your comments, they are very appreciated!!

Thank you Melissa, you know i love those details!

Thanks Lori!

Thanks Jaqui but I ran out of time, I wasn't able to take the pics at night, I had to finish her and safely wrap her up in her gift box.

Thank you Jain!

Hi Anna- Thanks

Joanna as always thank you for your praises, you know it means alot to me!

And a big thank You to the talented Gail for taking the time to visit!

and Lisa, thanks as well!!

The Creative Bohemian said...

She is miraculous! You should be proud.

Diane

Rosanna Pereyra said...

Thank you Diane, that's very sweet!!

graham hanks said...

as an ex sculptor I love visiting this blog to see the figures you create :) which is why I'm nominating you for a sunshine blogger award, just visit my blog at http://greywolf-art.blogspot.com/ to pick your award up :)

Sarah Pogue said...

She is Amazing! The way you sculpt faces is so evocative!

Rosanna Pereyra said...

Thank You Sarah!

craftlovers said...

OMG!!! wow for the Alice doll! She looks really cute in her costume. Great work as always.
http://craftlovers.weebly.com