Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Studio for 2010-Update

Here is an update on my new workspace. I have painted the once light blue walls a richer shade of blue green and the white ceiling is now a dirty off white parchment color. I purchased a few pieces of furniture. The dresser was $52 at Salvation Army, a table with 4 chairs was from a garage sale for $45 as was a cute tiny antique desk for $60, odds and ends $20. That is $177 so far and I am almost done. I am painting the chairs and table because the dark yellow is not my style. I will post the new pics this weekend when I finish painting and hanging some pictures.

Also i will begin working on a commission piece that is long overdue, Alice in Wonderland.
If I finish it in time(xfingers crossedx, Feb 24)it will be a miracle because i am still gathering supplies! I will post the progress pics when I begin after Valentines Day.
My best to all-Rosanna Pereyra


5 comments:

Melissa Pagluica said...

Oh! The dresser in front of the newly painted blue works so well together. Makes me think of a room from a fairy tale, all that is needed now is a talking cat.

Rosanna Pereyra said...

Thanks Melissa!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Rosanna, your studio looks lovely, what a wonderful place to create!!
Alice is going to be Amazing, I just know she will be, with a work space like that and your talent how can it be any thing but???
Can't wait to see her:)

You really scored with the furniture eh!!!

HUGZ
Jacqui

Rosanna Pereyra said...

Thank you Jacqui, you're so sweet! and I really scored big time at the garage sale. I even got a few books from the early 1900's for a dollar each!!!

P.S. I LOVE the traveling doll project you are working on- I can't wait to see the end result!

Big Hugs eh!
Rosanna

Jdee said...

I can already tell your new studio is going to be cozy and wonderful! What great finds at great prices!
Good luck with Alice. I look forward to seeing her in the near future!